Podcasts are media files of a series of episodes of audio or video files made available to listeners through the web or streamed online. Podcasts are usually subscribed to. They can be listened to on portable media players such as tablets, i-pods, mp3 players and computers. The word ‘pod’ coming from the brand i-pod and cast from the word ‘broadcast’ thus showing the meaning that podcasts are primarily broadcast for our today’s digital media devices.
Do you have a podcast you would like Fingertips to transcribe? By having your podcast as a transcript you will be giving yourself an advantage over your competition and opening yourself up to a wider audience as for example, persons that are hard of hearing will be able to read the transcript of the podcast. You will also be able to extract important and exciting points from the podcast and use them in news blogs, articles, your web pages and marketing material. You can also post interesting, funny and notable points to your Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and other social media pages which is good promotion and will attract more listeners. This is also great for SEO as Google will pick up your content and Google likes updated blogs, articles and relevant content, giving you a good web presence.
If a listener has missed a podcast a transcript will be available. Also some people simply prefer to read, especially if the podcast is of educational benefit as many people take in information more fully from reading and writing, rather than listening to audio. The transcripts will always be available for reference purposes and particular points easily located.
Some different genres of podcasts which are available on I-Tunes include:
- Sports and recreation
- News and politics
- Personal and Journal
- TV and film
- Society and Culture
- and many more
Types of podcast:
- Audio only: Audio recorded into the computer with microphone which can be listened to on an MP3 player, I-Pad, I-Phone or computer.
- Enhanced audio: Audio with media such as slides from presentations. Viewable on a computer, I-Pod touch, I-Phone or other compatible video device.
- Video: Moving video and audio for example, a speech or lecture.
- Combination of both: Enhanced audio and video together, for example, moving video with lecturer in a small separate screen.
- I-Pods and I-Phones and other related devices
- You Tube
Please contact Fingertips regarding your podcast and we will be happy to assist you.