Creating a captivating PowerPoint presentation can be a real challenge, I am sure we have all been to a presentation or meeting where the speakers reads everything from the slides and you and everyone else is bored to tears.
But how do you put the Pow into PowerPoint?
- Keep It Simple – Try and avoid using bright colours on your slides and don’t get to tempted to go all out on the animation as this will only distract your audience from what you are trying to say. focus instead on the basics: Use an easy to read font for body text such as: Arial, Helvetica, or Calibri. Avoid decorative fonts, such as calligraphy. If you have to use them reserve them only for slide headers. Put dark text on a light background, this is easiest to read. Align text left or right. Centred text is harder to read. Don’t put too much on a page, keep it minimal.
- One thing at a time – Your audience is most likely to read everything that is displayed on screen, so to keep them at your pace pop each point up one at a time. Your job as presenter is to control the flow of information so that you and your audience stay in sync.
- Ask Questions – Try and add these in around your slides as it will engage your audience and ensures that people do not forget to ask at the end, when you have all moved on.
- Follow The 10-20-30 Rule – It is said that a presentation should have ten slides, last no more than twenty minutes, and contain no font smaller than thirty points. This is good advice as our attention span for focussing on one thing has been proven by academics to be 20 minutes.
- Summarise – Tell them what you are going to tell them, tell them and then tell them again.Summarising your presentation at the beginning lets your audience know what to expect. Try an summarise it in 10-15 words, think of your ‘elevator pitch’ if you can’t then it’s probably too long or too vague. Then conclude by telling them what they have learnt.
Follow these simple tips and we guarantee that you will start creating fantastic thought provoking presentations and if you are still struggling then remember that we offer this as a service for more information please email: ku.oc1519026461.gnip1519026461ytspi1519026461tregn1519026461if@of1519026461ni1519026461