Mailshots are a great way to communicate and engage with your existing and prospect customers and can be an effective way to promote your business. However getting it right can be tricky as it is important to get the right tone of voice and come up with a message that will appeal to your target audience.
Here at Fingertips Typing we have a team of highly skilled and knowledgeable marketing professionals who know a great deal about Mailshots both email and postal. They have put together a checklist of what to do to ensure your campaigns are successful.
- Know your objective – It is extremely important to clarify the objective of the email or mailshot. What are your goals? Are you collecting leads, driving traffic to your website, making direct sales or providing information?
- Know your target audience – Are you communicating with new or existing customers? what do they already know about your business and products, what are their needs, and what objections might they have?
- Segmentation – It maybe appropriate to segment your customer base if you have identified different groups of customers. A segmented and targeted approach, whilst time consuming is more likely to boost your results and maximise return on investment.
- Personalisation – It may sound simple but by using the customers name in the communication or their businesses name can really help reach out to your customers, but it is important to check that your database is accurate and up to date, I am sure we have all received at some point a letter or email with the wrong name in it!
- Data cleanse – Before you hit send make sure that your mail list data is accurate and up to date. This will ensure you are communicating with the correct people.
- Grab their attention – Produce a headline and an opening sentence which will encourage the reader to read on.
- Back up your claims – If you have a fantastic offer for your product or service then quash those objections immediately by providing facts to back up your claims. Even better include a case study link or customer testimonial, nothing says more than a customer that things your product or service is fantastic!
- Keep it short and sharp – Remember to use short sentences as people tend to skim read and keep everything clear, simple and to the point.
- Call to action – Know what you want your readers to do next and make it easy.
- Proof read – Remember to proof read your mail shot, check spelling and grammar and test out any links that you may have on there (if it’s an email campaign). Get some colleagues to check too as you may become word blind if you have been working on the content for a while.
If you feel that you need help with your mailshot campaigns or would like to do one but haven’t got the time, then we can help. Contact our team at: ku.oc1511468815.gnip1511468815ytspi1511468815tregn1511468815if@of1511468815ni1511468815