Fingertips Typing Services can transcribe your rushes into a Word or Notepad document. We can input the burnt in timecode from the video file or DVD at various points throughout the transcript in order that you can locate specific parts from the film. Unusual spellings including names, places, medical terms etc, can be researched on the internet. We can view your movie file and transcribe simultaneously in order that we can capture visual movements if required, for example [Jane taps papers on the table]. We can transcribe into Word or Notepad and set the layout to your requirements.
Here is an example taking from the BBC News:
We can also produce SRT files which can be used for sub titling. Below is an extract from a video file converted to SRT. Sub titles are used for many reasons, for example, the hard of hearing, foreign language and also for people who prefer to read than listen. We use our sub titling software to enter the sub titles and the times in which they are to appear.
SRT extract from Notepad
16. 0:00:47,700 –> 0:00:52,600 Yeah? So we want you, you know, if you find something problematic or confusing it’’s okay.
17. 0:00:52,600 –> 0:00:54,300 Because it probably is problematic, confusing.
18. 0:00:54,800 –> 0:00:57,100 We’’re looking to find problems or things that are confusing and fix them.
19. 0:00:56,500 –> 0:00:58,000 Yeah. No, fair enough.
20. 0:00:58,000 –> 0:01:01,300 So, really open and honest feedback as much as possible.
21. 0:01:01,800 –> 0:01:01,900 Yeah. Please contact us if require your movie files transcribed and we can discuss your requirements.
We can add captioning to the video which is helpful for persons who are hard of hearing. Below is an example.
“Thank you for your efficient and accurate work on our behalf”.